Kelly is an experienced family lawyer, assisting clients in relation to financial aspects that arise at the beginning of a relationship, during a relationship or where a relationship has come to an end.
Kelly became an accredited mediator in 2016 and understands the barriers that often stand in the way of settlement. She is a strong advocate for starting every suitable matter with negotiation, mediation and collaboration in an effort to avoid disputes before they start.
Whether it’s a Financial Agreement at any stage of a relationship (commonly known as pre-nuptial or post-nuptial agreement) or court orders to finalise financial affairs following the breakdown of a relationship, Kelly and her team can help clients navigate the legal process.
We can give advice on Financial Agreements which set out how the parties to a relationship have agreed property will be divided in the event of a relationship breakdown. Financial Agreements are often used to isolate assets or liabilities where one person enters a relationship already owning substantial assets or where they have received financial gifts from their family which they wish to protect.
If your relationship is at an end, we can assist you with finalising all financial matters between you and your ex-partner. We understand that negotiating a property settlement with your ex-partner can be a tremendously emotional and difficult and we do our best to put ourselves in your shoes and keep the outcome that you want front of mind. We are here to support you in finalising your property settlement where possible and, if necessary, guide you through the court system so that you can move on with your life as quickly as possible.
Kelly and the team can advise you on a range of family law matters, including:
- Legal advice on process, either prior to or after separation;
- Negotiating and formalising agreements to finalise financial relations between parties by way of Consent Orders from the court or private Financial Agreement;
- Representing you in Court proceedings in the Federal Circuit and Family Court;
- Representing you at Mediations or Arbitrations;
- Negotiating Financial Agreements between parties entering or in a marriage or de facto relationship;
- Working with other experts, including accountants, to understand your circumstances and advise you on trusts or company ownership of assets; and
- Managing and/or disposing of jointly held assets.