This is an area in which Paula has undertaken specialist study and has extensive experience acting for various insolvency practitioners.
Paula acts for trustees in bankruptcy for personal insolvency matters as well as liquidators, administrators and receivers in corporate insolvency matters. Her experience extends to appearing in the Federal Court in matters including and not limited to:
- pursuing voidable transactions in bankruptcy and corporate liquidations;
- securing and conducting contested hearings in relation to:
- sequestration orders; and
- orders to wind up companies;
- obtaining freezing orders;
- company reinstatement and subsequent winding up; and
- applications to extend the statutory period for voluntary administrations.
Paula also deals with disputes in this field that have not become litigious; attempting to resolve disputes without the need for litigation to ensue.
Paula also accepts instructions for corporations and individuals facing potential insolvency, with a view to exploring all alternatives and otherwise assisting clients to understand the process and implications of insolvency.
Paula has also acted as an expert witness in insolvency matters.Get in Touch